Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How Does An Entrepreneur Get Started

That's an open statement and I'm sure we can get a variety of answers that differ in many ways. What are some of the ways to learn more about entrepreneurship? Well, when getting started my first step would be learn exactly what an Entrepreneur is. Think about how an Entrepreneur is defined and ask yourself does this fit my character. Many of us have desires to become an Entrepreneur, Doctor, Nurse, Accountant or so many other professions. However, we are not always cut out for or these professions may not fit our character. I'm sure many of you may disagree with my statement, however we all are allowed to have an opinion. 

Can anyone become an Entrepreneur? Now this is something to think about, there are so many different aspects of Entrepreneurship. You can be a person that likes to sell things, you have a great personality that communicates well with others. This is definitely a plus when you decide to become an Entrepreneur in any area. I feel you absolutely, must be a people person. Are there any rules to becoming an Entrepreneur, do you have to establish a real business for this title. All of these questions are very important, myself I started over 10 years ago. 

One of the things I believe got me started was, my children's schools were always getting me to sell something, candy, cookies, etc. One day, it just hit me if I can sell for the school why not sell for myself and earn some extra cash. I definitely needed some extra cash to supplement my income, I started off selling odds and ends like, stockings, dresses and sweaters. Then I tried, some handbags, watches and perfumes. All of these things produced and I earned some good income, many times I didn't have to cash my paycheck from work. Some weeks I made over $600 and others maybe $400, but it was a great start. 

My real desire was to open a school to teach individuals how to work in all aspects of the Clerical and Administrative Field. To date it has not happened, but I'm still pleased with the many things that I have accomplished. Looking forward to my next venture, also I want it to be an improvement on what I have accomplished this far.

No comments: